Scratching is the natural reaction when your skin itches, whether you're a person or an animal. Although a few seconds of vigorous scratching may feel good initially, raking your nails over your s ...View Article
Welcome to Sackville Animal Hospital
Your Veterinarian in Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia
Call us at 902-865-6400
If you are seeking compassionate, unique animal care for your beloved pet - the doctors at Sackville Animal Hospital can provide you and your pet with a supportive, compassionate experience.
At Sackville Animal Hospital we go the distance to make certain you and your pet enjoy a long, happy life together. Our focus on wellness has provided all of our pet owners with a greater experience of enjoying a happy, energetic well-loved companion.
If you or your family has a pet who is showing symptoms of discomfort, illness or even unhappiness - simply visit us today for a full diagnosis, and a plan to keep your family pet healthy and happy for many years to come.
How To Best Support Your Pet's Wellness:
- Make certain your pet receives annual wellness exams
- Make certain your pet stays up to date with all pertinent, individualized vaccinations
- Keep all pet nails clipped and trimmed
- Watch for symptoms of parasites, fleas, ticks, worms or heart-worms and treat for them regularly
- Choose exactly the right diet for your pet - good nutrition is key to wellness
- If your pet is furry - brush them regularly for mat-prevention
- Watch your pet's urine and feces output to verify they are well fed and hydrated, and worm or parasite-free
- Weigh your pet as often as possible - ideally once a week to verify weight gain or loss, and keep track of this
- Keep your pet's teeth or beak clean. Have your pet’s teeth professionally cleaned by your veterinarian at least once a year.
Owned by Dr. Tyler Hughes and Dr. Kristina Hughes
Lower Sackville Veterinarian | Sackville Animal Hospital | 902-865-6400
485 Sackville Drive
Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia NS B4C 2S1